In PLTW Engineering, students engage in applying science, technology, engineering, and math through a project-based, hands-on approach to solve complex open-ended problems in a real world context. Students learn and apply the engineering design process, and use the same industry-leading technology and software as are used in the world's top companies. Before beginning post-secondary education or entering careers, students are given an opportunity to learn about different engineering disciplines. Students are immersed in design as they investigate topics such as sustainability, structures, civil engineering, architecture, manufacturing, digital electronics and circuit design.
- Civil Engineer
- Building/Product Designer
- Electrical engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Transportation Engineer
- Introduction to Engineering Design EOC 4611
- Principles of Engineering EOC 4610
- Coding and Computational Thinking
- Candidate must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (non-weighted) OR a 19 composite on the ACT.
- WTC General Application for Enrollment
- Online STEM Application
- One Counselor Recommendation (online)
- Official Transcript
This course is subject to parent/teacher recommendation for High School Juniors and Seniors.
Download the additional information, forms, and supplies needed for these courses.
For more information, call:
- Beth Richert at 580-562-3181
- Marie Pool at 580-562-3181
- Monica Brinkley at 580-562-3181
- Lena Lewallen at 580-562-3181