Available Employment Opportunities at Western Technology Center
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant - Burns Flat campus - Full-time
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To handle telephone calls and to greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate person or place.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
REPORTS TO: The office of the Director of Student Services, who is responsible for supervision and evaluation. Evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the board's policy on performance appraisal reviews for support personnel.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to perform basic math functions in order to effectively carry out job responsibilities. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Thorough knowledge of general office practices. Ability to deal effectively with the public and school officials. Good working knowledge of the operating practices of vocational education. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, ability to establish good rapport with department staff and others is essential. Ability to operate office equipment; eg. computer, typewriter, 10‑Key, copy machine, fax, postage machine. Ability to use various computer software: eg. Microsoft Word, Outlook (Email), Microsoft Excel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Answer telephone efficiently and effectively.
2. Greet visitors and direct them to appropriate person.
3. Organize, order, and dispense general office supplies for main office area, stock office supply cabinets, stock extra supplies in the staff mail room.
4. Prepare certified letters for mailing.
5. Stamp mail and ensure it is picked up for transport to the post office, refill mail machine with postage.
6. Type monthly seminar calendars and campus calendars. Perform clerical tasks for superintendent and others as needed.
7. Assist financial assistant and accounts payable/encumbrance clerk when needed.
8. Record employee lunch charges and send to employees monthly.
9. Keep record of all bus travel information including emails, driver physicals, days not present, calculation of semester miles and monies owed.
10. Keep accurate and current records of all vendors: contractor packets, liability insurance, and sex offender forms, asbestos forms as necessary.
11. Update the asbestos inspection binder as needed.
12. Keep records of and input information for professional development.
13. Organization and order annual student/class pictures, staff pictures and calendars.
14. Organize vendor quotes to be kept on file.
15. Record and organize use of Seminar Center.
16. Voice announcements using PA system for drills of fire, storm or intruder; as needed with other major announcements.
17. Assist with office copier problems and report copier malfunction to appropriate company.
18. Upload weekly lunch menu and information regarding upcoming events into our marquis system. Place printed materials in visible areas as needed.
19. Keep front reception area and administration office seating area (family room) tidy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
INTER‑OFFICE COMMUNICATIONS: It is essential to establish a mutual and reciprocal relationship with all staff and to cooperate with peers by operating jointly and courteously at all times. The purpose should be to keep a conflict free working environment.
CONFIDENTIALITY: The receptionist/administrative assistant maintains the highest level of confidentiality regarding sensitive school, client, and student information.
COMMENTS: The statements contained reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
This is a twelve (12) month, full-time, non-certified position.
Leave policy is in accordance with state law and WTC Board of Education Policies and Procedures.
Western Technology Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status or religion. For inquiries concerning this policy contact HR Director, 580-562-3181, P.O. Box 1469 Burns Flat, OK 73524.